Making a light bulb reindeer can be a project for the whole family to enjoy.This project can be great winter art project / Holiday Project for kids in the classroom.With a few simple craft supplies and some hot glue, you can make a reindeer.My daughter made this one with little bit help of me.
You might need to use tools that require adult supervision, such as hot glue gun and scissors. If so, these can be replaced by textile glue and safety scissors. Make sure you ask your parents or teachers help.
* Age Guideline: 6 Years and Up* Time Required: 40 minutes (Does not include drying time)
* Light Bulb (You can use Burnt on Light bulb also)
* Paint (Acrylic Paint brown)
* 3/4-Inch Red Pom-Pom
* Craft Glue or Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
* Paint Brush
* Googly Eyes or black markers (to draw your own on)
* 2 glitter gold Pipecleaners
1. Cover the table with newspaper where kids are going to paint.
2. Place paint brushes, paint, Paper plate with brown acrylic paint.
3. Paint the light bulb with brown paint. Let the paint dry completely.
4. Paint lightbulb with a second coat and let dry completely for 2-3 hours.
5. Put a dots of hot glue and glue the googly eyes. Glue on the red, pom-pom nose.
6. Bend each pipecleaner in half, then bend and twist them to form two antlers as pictured, then hot glue the
antlers at the top.
7. Form a loop with a piece of ribbon, about 10- to 12-inches long and glue it on the top, back edge of your
reindeer head. This will be the hanger for your ornament.
1) You can also add jingle bells.Jingle bells are available at discount department stores and craft supply stores.
2) Save burnt out lightbulbs for these types of projects.
This goes to Christmas Craft Event 2010