Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Handmade Diwali Greeting Cards
Diwali is a festival of lights.Diwali involves the lightning of small clay lamps (diyas) filled with oil to symbolize good winning over evil. At night, fireworks light up the sky for the celebration. You can use this light theme to create some beautiful Diwali greeting cards to share with your friends and family during this festive season.My daughter made this greeting cards for her grandparents.
# Plain card stock
# Colored Papers
# Glue stick
# Letter stickers
# Glitter glue pens
# Kundan / Rhine stones
How to Prepare:-
1) Cut and fold a plain card stock to the size card you want to make.
2) Use a pencil to draw a light outline of a diya, a small, round, bowl-shaped oil burning lamp . Above the diya, draw a flame in the shape of a teardrop.
3) Use letter stickers or die cuts to spell out "Happy Diwali" across the top of the card or Write a Diwali greeting across the bottom of the card cover with your glitter glue. Allow the glue to dry.
4) Decorate the Diya with markers ,Crayons, Glitter glue ,Glitters ,Rhine stones etc.
5) Print your message for the inside of the card on a light-colored piece of paper. Cut it to fit the inside of the card and glue it to the card stock.
This is reaching Mindful Meanderings Atsy-Craftsy-November Diwali Craft