Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Thankful Turkey Craft
This easy Thankful turkey craft is a great for school children .This cute construction paper turkey lists what your child is thankful for. It makes a very nice Thanksgiving decoration.My Daughter made this for thanksgiving in her class.
* Construction papers
* Turkey template
* Glue stick
How to make your Paper Turkey Craft:
* Cut a brown construction paper circle or oval (about 8 inches across) for the turkey's body.
* Print the template of head ,wattle, legs and cut out the pieces. Trace the template pieces onto construction paper and cut the pieces out.
* Glue the head to the body.Glue a tiny yellow or orange triangle for the beak and little red blob for the wattle.Either draw eyes with black marker or glue on googly eyes.
* Glue the legs to the body.
* For feathers cut six long ovals -use colourful papers if you like.
* On each oval/ feather , write: "I am thankful for ______".Have the child write what they are thankful for.
* Glue the feathers to the back of the turkey's body .
* Don't forget to write the child's name on the turkey.
What are you thankful for?
Here are a few things that my daughter is thankful for:
1. My Family
2. My School
3. My friends
4. Our Earth
5. My Home
6. My Food
Some more Examples are:-